Types Of Wedding Planners
Types of Wedding Planners
- Professional Wedding Consultant *
A wedding expert that plans, coordinates, directs, and is responsible for all aspects of the ceremony and reception from the initial planning stage to the end of the Reception.
The Consultant will
- Offer a complete planning service
- Takes care of a myriad of wedding details including travel arrangements
- Receives a fee based on services provided
- Full time business – not a part time side job
- Should have completed formal coursework in wedding planning by accredited party like the ACPWC (Association of Certified Professional Wedding Consultants) or like body
*This is the category of service South Padre Trips.com provides with our dedicated, full time wedding planning staff
- Wedding Directors & Bridal Consultants
Store Bridal Consultants are usually not trained in coordination. Duties vary and depend on place of business.
Examples: Bridal salon associate, party store caterer, disc jockey, banquet director in hotel, hotel group planner, reception hall director, etc.
- Facility Coordinators / Wedding Hostesses
Are usually employed by facilities, churches, parks,. Etc. They do not plan all phases of the wedding, sometimes recommend formal wedding planner to work with them. Some facilities and hotels require you to work with their facility coordinator. Usually, your wedding planner can work with them at your request.
- Basic “Church” Director
- Directs Rehearsal and ceremony only
- Does not necessarily confirm details with vendor
- May be free service or nominal fee
- Usually more than happy to have a form al wedding planner involved
- Rental Companies with side “wedding planning” services
Many times at “destination” wedding locations, vendors that provide wedding set up on the beach like chairs, gazebos, flowers, etc. they might have a side business of planning weddings. Typically, they are focused on very low budget, basic, & cheap weddings. Vendor list might be reflective of lowest quality (low price) be aware of this.
What our Services can include:
Don’t be surprised if you are just starting the planning process for your wedding and haven’t thought of half of these things.
With that said, on the other hand, WHO is going to take care of all of this on YOUR big day? You? This is where we step in – a miraculous day where we are there every step of the way before and on the Day Of.
- Expert advice and professional guidance (for most people, it’s the first time for their wedding)
- Explain the origin of rituals and traditions (consider differing religions, nationalities, etc)
- Explain the duties of each member of the wedding party (Ushers do this, best man that)
- Explain the etiquette of weddings & social rules (as to not offend guests)
- Explain all aspects of wedding attire (after all, who wears a tux daily)
- Provide instruction on the characteristics of the four wedding styles: ultra formal, formal, semi-formal, and informal; as well as what is appropriate for the time of day
- Plan a them, ethnic, multicultural , or unique wedding
- Prepare a realistic forecast of all wedding expenses and maintain budget (most important and difficult aspect of doing a wedding – making it incredible but within budget)
- Provide tips to stay within budget (know the Bride/Groom’s priorities and get their approval)
- Recommend specialty items and wedding services (the small things that mean a lot)
- Locate wedding professionals who meet the particular needs and budget of the client (ultra important – as we all know, not all suppliers are professionals which can mean disaster)
- Locate all wedding service supplier s and products (see above)
- Act as a key contact and liaison between bridal couple and wedding professionals/vendors
- (important – on your wedding day you don’t need the stress of dealing with things that will arise that are stressful)
- Prepare Contracts when necessary (things in being in writing are for a reason)
- Explain/recommend bridal gift registries
- Explain / recommend bridal gift registries
- Explain the proper usage and wording of invitations, announcements, and enclosures. May also assist with selection (having uncle bob do the invitations on his MAC is usually a bad idea)
- Assist in selection of wedding attire and bustling of wedding gown
- Locate unique ceremony and reception sites within the client’s budget (the beach is expensive – we have the most selection to accommodate all budget types)
- Locate Site for and/or coordinate rehearsal dinner (good food & ambiance matters)
- Assist with décor planning (tacky we don’t do)
- Prepare floor plans for both ceremony and reception
- Assist with menu planning and package selection
- Organize and attend menu tasting and cake tasting
- Assist with music selection (beware of bad valley DJ’s)
- Arrange all aspects of transportation for the bridal party (and guests if requested) – only South Padre Trips.com is a full service travel agency on South Padre as well as owing South Padre Limos.com – the limo company on the Island
- Handle all vendor confirmations (this takes a lot of time when you are trying to prepare for your big day)
- Prepare Wedding Day timetable for all key participants – not necessarily to complete bridal party
- Coordinate religious ceremony rites, including processionals and recessionals
- Transport flowers from ceremony to reception site
- Conduct final walk-through at Reception site
- Coordinate flow of the wedding day
- Take care of gifts and personal belongings (ever read the story of stolen gifts?)
- Act as a problem solver, resolving minor family issues/disagreements, handle pre-wedding stress, act as your mediator, moderator, and friend
- Make arrangements for flowers and gown preservation
- Prepare letters of confirmation, thank you notes, and delinquent payments
As you can see – this list is quite exhaustive! Do you feel overwhelmed now? It might be time for a call for a complimentary consult with one of our Wedding Professionals.